Scuba diving Life Insurance
You have built your scuba diving skills, acquired your scuba diving kit, been on a few scuba social meets and discovered the best scuba diving locations. If you are now looking for financial peace of mind, should an accident (or worse) happen, then Scuba Financial Services is here to help you.
At Scuba Financial Services we specialise in providing Life Insurance, Income Protection, Mortgage Protection and Critical Illness Cover for scuba divers. We have developed (almost 10 years ago) a close working relationship with The British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) to provide cover for their members.
As a brief overview of cover, you may want to consider talking to Scuba Financial Services about Life Insurance if you are you are looking for a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death.
Alternatively, if you are concerned that an accident, whilst scuba diving, may leave you unable to work for a period then an Income Protection policy may be another option for you discuss with us.
And finally, you may also want to talk to us about the availability of Critical Illness Cover for scuba divers, which could help to support you, your partner or your family financially in the event of being diagnosed with a specific medical condition.
Over the years Scuba Financial Services have worked hard to ensure that divers can access life, illness and income cover that has previously been subject to restrictions or exclusions because of their diving activities.
Whether you dive for pleasure (e.g. fish identification, underwater photography or wreck exploration) or work in the commercial diving industry then speak to Scuba Financial Services to find out more about the cover we could provide to you.
Life Insurance for scuba divers
In addition to specialising in cover for scuba divers we can also provide cover for a whole range of sports, hazardous pursuits and hazardous occupations. Just give us a call at Scuba Financial Services to discuss the cover options available for you, your scuba diving and your lifestyle.
Scuba diving insurance company
When you enquire about cover for scuba diving Life Insurance with Scuba Financial Services you will speak with one of our experienced sports consultants.
You can discuss a number of financial protection options that can help provide for loved ones, cover mortgage payments or bills should an accident (or worse) happen whilst participating in scuba diving.
Your specialist sports consultant will discuss your cover options in relation to you, your lifestyle and your scuba diving activities.
Your diving needs
Because Scuba Financial Services specialise, and have a long history of providing cover for scuba divers, you can speak to us about the technical aspect of your diving activities.
Scuba diving environments and locations
Whatever your plans, from your local diving locations to diving holidays in the best diving resorts, just give us a call and check the cover available for you. We are happy to chat about cover for a range of different environments, such as, wreck diving in Scotland to warm weather Summer holiday scuba diving.
Life Insurance company for scuba divers
Your consultant at Scuba Financial Services will be happy to chat about many types of financial protection, such as:
- Scuba diving Life Insurance
- Scuba diving Mortgage Protection
- Scuba diving Critical Illness Cover
- Scuba diving Income Protection
- Private Medical Cover
In addition, if you maintain a healthy lifestyle and undertake a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to Scuba Financial Services about policies that track your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Scuba diving Life Insurance - Frequently Asked Questions
We are always happy to help with your Life Insurance scuba diving questions.
If you have any specific questions about cover for your scuba diving then please call a specialist sports consultant, on our number below, to discover the best deal we can offer for you, your lifestyle and your scuba diving activities.
We will be happy to discuss a range of scuba diving questions, such as:
- Will there be any premium loadings for my specific scuba diving activities?
- Will I be able to obtain Life Insurance for my scuba diving activities?
- Will Critical Illness Cover be available my scuba diving activities?
- Will I be able to obtain Income Protection for my scuba diving activities?
- Can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
How to enquire about scuba diving Life Insurance
Enquiring about Life Insurance with Scuba Financial Services is quick and easy. When you enquire, we will take into consideration a number of factors in relation to you, your lifestyle and your diving activities.
As with any application for financial protection it is important that you declare your health, lifestyle, medical, work, diving and any other questions completely.
Typical life, lifestyle and scuba diving questions, that relate to your enquiry for scuba diving cover, may include your:
- Current health & personal lifestyle factors (e.g. smoking or alcohol consumption)
- Weight / Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Current and / or pre-existing health conditions
Detailed life, lifestyle and diving related questions will vary depending on your particular scuba diving participation but could include (where relevant to your enquiry) your:
- Current classification of employment / occupation
- Type of diving undertaken
- Diving qualifications (e.g. Ocean diver / Sports Diver / Dive Leader / Advanced diver / First Class Diver)
- Location(s) where you participate in scuba diving (e.g. inland lakes and quarries, off-shore or deep ocean)
- Geographic location(s) of your work (e.g. UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Geographic location(s) of your scuba diving participation (e.g. UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Frequency of diving / number of dives per year
- Diving depth
- Participation in wreck exploration
- Type of scuba diving participation (e.g. recreational scuba diving or commercial diving)
- Scuba diving experience and qualifications (e.g. Ocean Diver, Sports Diver, Dive Leader, Advanced Diver, First Class Diver) and associated skills (e.g. first aid, defibrillator, decompression, diving rescue, boat handling, sea survival, charts and navigation, sea survival).
- Participation in challenging diving conditions (e.g. wreck exploration, ice diving, cave diving, diving at depth)
- BSAC membership status
- Use of technical diving equipment (e.g. rebreather, mixed gasses, fixed air lines)
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
As part of your enquiry for cover for scuba diving cover, we will also discuss the amount of cover you require and the duration of the cover you would like, including:
- The total monetary amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The total period over which you require a policy (years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g. decreasing or level term)
The mix of your health, lifestyle, participation in scuba diving, occupational information and other factors, such as that detailed above, will help determine the premium you have to pay for your cover.
Life Insurance - specialist insurance information for scuba divers
Even if you have Life Insurance in place for your scuba diving, we will still be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide you with peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
Do you run a business protection and scuba enjoy scuba diving?
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider speaking to Scuba Financial Services about cover options, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection for scuba divers.
What to expect when you make an enquiry for cover for scuba diving cover with Scuba Financial Services
At Scuba Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing cover for those who enjoy extreme and hazardous sports with:
- Your own sports consultant to discuss your individual lifestyle and scuba diving needs
- Experienced consultants in hazardous sports, extreme sports, adventure sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your scuba diving questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- Easy application process conducted around you, your sport and your lifestyle
If you would like to find out more about Life Insurance, Mortgage Protection, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover for divers please contact Scuba Financial Services on 0345 565 0936 or click here to enquire online.
Scuba Financial Services was originally established to service the needs of the members of The British Sub Aqua (BSAC).
To find out more about BSAC you can contact them here:
British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC)
Telford's Quay South Pier Road
+44 (0)151 350 6200
Published: September 2019